Need to hire a writer?
Need an experienced and versatile writer who can turn your idea into a compelling script or novel? Looking for someone who enjoys collaborating, takes constructive criticism on board in a positive manner, and thrives under deadline pressure? I can help.
- In-house writer at several film / TV studios
- Honorary visiting fellow at University of Nottingham (School of English)
- Writer-in-residence at The Actors Workshop Nottingham
- Participation team writer at Nottingham Playhouse theatre
I’m passionate about maximising the potential of a story. My strength lies in turning your film, TV show, play into something utterly compelling, that will impress commissioners, audiences and ultimately reviewers.
- Film and TV scripts
- Documentary content and research
- Script doctor and script editor
- Book editor (fiction and non)
- Adverts and corporate
If you’d like me on your team, as a writer or as an editor, why not get in touch for a chat about your project. You can contact me here.
- Black Dollar is out now on Showmax
- Commissioned by Lego via A+C to create the Lego Discover TV series
- Commissioned to write the Zayn and Zayna’s Little Farm TV series
- Bollywood: I have worked on many different Bollywood films
- Hollywood: I have developed scenes for top Hollywood producers.
- Editing novels for Amazon best-selling authors
- FIB: Upcoming new musical funded by the Arts Council
- A national tour of my theatre play Seeking Isolde (written with Dan McGarry)
- Working with numerous incredible production companies, studios and novelists around the world to create original stories, told with a unique voice
How I got into Screenwriting
I have been writing professionally for many years. I got my first agent, Bob Tanner at International Scripts Ltd, when I was 20. I was in the third year of my BA, studying languages and literature at the University of Nottingham, while Bob submitted my manuscripts for me.
Fast forward to 2012 and I decided to go freelance to write full time. Armed with an MA in literature, several published works of fiction, a regular newspaper column, and a wealth of script and copy writing experience, I found myself in the terrifying position of pitching to the then BBC commissioner. I was woefully underprepared and said some pretty crazy stuff all those years ago, but I have since benefitted from the lesson I learned that day!
These days I work closely with a number of different producers, directors and other treasured industry contacts. I pitch often and with experience, both within my network and for new work. Would you benefit from my work? If you think you might, please get in touch 🙂
My agent is now the fabulous Rob Wilkinson at Red Talent Management. Please get in touch with him, or me, for all new commission enquiries.